Tip/waist/tail width: 14.7/11.7/14.7cm
Tip/tail height: 4.5cm Symmetrical
Construction: ABS Sidewall, vertically laminated wood core.
Warranty: 1 year. Covers manufacturer defects.
Announcing the All New 2012/13 Summit Custom Marauders. These handcrafted Marauders come with hot new graphics. The Summit Skiboards new Marauder 125 cm was created with one goal in mind – to take the sport of skiboarding to a new level of performance. Well we are proud to say these achieve our goal. Attention powder hounds and speed demons – wait until you ride these boards. Be prepared to push the limits of what you thought was possible on skiboards.
The Marauder features the same quality construction that Summit is known for. Sporting a parabolic sidecut constructed to function impeccably with the solid vertically laminated wood core. This delivers virtually effortless carves, with stability at speeds that will truly surprise you. The high energy wood core is sandwiched between two top layers and one bottom layer of fiberglass (triaxial) providing just the right combination of flex and torsional stiffness that offers incredible smoothness and stability no matter how much you lay it over. In addition, a rubber dampening layer is included to absorb shock and provide a smooth ride while not detracting from “road feel”. An additional layer of kevlar is added for even greater strength.
These are crafted one pair at a time with great attention given to every detail, including making sure the flex is evenly distributed throughout the length of the skiboards. This consistent tip to tail flex brings a new level of carving to skiboards, whether in glove dragging lay it over carves or ripping the moguls. Designed for all mountain riding, these skiboards are at home anywhere in the resorts including those breath taking steep chutes or flying through the glade runs. These boards are perfect for those craving the backcountry, kite-boarding or even heli-skiboarding! The wide body platform allows you to blast those deep powder stashes with ease, offering awesome float while the length still allows for that oh so fun skiboard feel.
The Summit Marauder skiboards feature black sintered bases – highly durable bases that allow for maximum wax absorption to ensure a smooth glide, while offering the ability to attain speeds that are truly impressive. In addition, black bases are easier to repair dings or gouges and bring them back to new looking condition. In contrast, printed bases are much more difficult to hide repairs.
These symmetrical twin tips were designed for ease of riding whether forwards or backwards or just spinning down the mountain and making yourself dizzy! No mass produced skiboards can compare to the smooth ride of these 125cm skiboards, no matter what you choose to do on the slopes. To complete the package, special 360 wrap carbon steel edges are integrated into the design.
Crafted with ABS sidewall construction, the Summit 125cm provides many advantages over cap construction. Among these advantages are increased torsional stability, greater edge protection, enhanced power transfer to the edges, improved vibration dampening, greater strength and a full length flex from tip to tail. Translated, these will ride like no other skiboards you have ridden.
Recommended for advanced to expert riders and for intermediate riders who are ready to take a quantum leap.
Step-in Release: These can be mounted with any ski bindings or AT bindings.
Construction Details Summary:
- Wood core: Specially hand selected verttically laminated birch wood core runs the full length of the skiboards, tip to tail. This aged wood grown in the Northern Hemisphere is especially perfect for skiboards. This is a dense, super strong wood, yet being surprisingly light in weight. This core offers an energetic responsiveness and full body support, while also providing long term durability.
- 360 full wrap Rockwell carbon steel edges: Protects your skiboards from those unexpected dings while providing superior edge grip. Edges are sand blasted prior to assembly to ensure a perfect, secure fit.
- Wide Body Shape: a large skiboard surface area for maximum stability, float and speed.
- Symmetrical Twin-tips: Makes it easier to ride forwards as well as backwards (fakie). Excellent handling in the parks and pipes. Also, makes for the most perfect carves.
- Sintered bases: Made of 4000 p-tex sintered material, this is one of the best base materials for durability, maximum wax absorption and speed. These bases have less friction and thus more speed as well as less vulnerability to abrasion and impacts.
- Aluminum reinforcement plate: Positioned under the top sheet to guarantee binding retention.
- Aggressive Side bevel: – 89 degrees; base bevel 1 degree – perfect for hitting the mountain hard.